An island of reference for the cyclist.
As well as all these elements, you can also enjoy the uniqueness of an island with many possibilities and warm temperatures throughout the year. One way of making the most of your stay in Mallorca is by practicing a sport that takes advantage of a large road network that is ideal for cycling.
The sport is enjoying a boom and there is large number of cyclists on the roads.
During the months of September to November and January to May the climate is mild and agreeable, veritable spring weather. A Mediterranean climate which contrasts sharply with the central European climate, where rain, snow and intense cold predominate at this time of the year.
Majorca has a 1.250 km. road network, of which 675 km are seconday or vicinal roads with an average width of 6.5m. This excellent secondary road network offers varied itineraries with limited traffic, something which reflects positively on the safety of the cyclist.
A LITTLE ISLAND:
Orography and dimensions of the Mallorca island: This is perhaps the main advantage, as the island, due to its length, allows both short routes, visiting several villages (the average distance between villages is 10-15km) and longer routes (150-200km) extending to any point of the Majorcan geography. There are totally flat routes with spirals and slopes and even high mountain areas should you tour the Serra de Tramuntana. ( see trip advisor)
Due to its tourist status, the island is well connected by air with all the main European capitals, the flight time between any Central European point and Majorca varying between 2 to 3 hours. Low cost comapnies are perfect for this kind of travel .
The tourist offer here in Majorca is uncomparable, allowing visitors to select, among a wide range of hotels, that which most adjusts to their budget. Also, in certain hotels, as is the case of the HOTEL AMIC HORIZONTE with special attention to cyclists and providing specialised services such as cycle transportation airport-hotel-airport, flexible meal and special menus, storage space for bicycles, phisio, gym, pool...
* Well-surfaced and quiet roads .
* Varied terrain. Challenging mountain's roads for the serious cyclist, easier for an calm day and flat for the occasional cyclist.
* Probably the best selection of roads within a day’s ride than anywhere in Europe or the world.
* Quiet roads with very considerate drivers .
* Stunning coastal and scenery, flora and fauna.
* Frequent sportive events, road races and triathlons.
* Low cost air travel from most of Europe in two hours or less.
* Readily available bike hire at competitive rates for those not wishing to transport their own bike.
* Cycling friendly hotels with bike storage and workshop facilities.
* Good friendly in restaurants and bars for cyclists.
When is the best time to cycle in Majorca?
The professional teams visit in December and January for their start of season training camps.
Amateur training camps start in February and run until November, with the peak season being April for spring training.
Summer brings more casual cyclists and the influx of sun seeking holiday makers.
Autumn is a great time to visit as the temperature cools and the package holiday tourism slows down.
The weather in real time. From Hotel Amic Horizonte
Check when main events celebrates in Majorca.